Thursday, January 08, 2004

So yes, beneath it all, the smiles, the conversation, the pictures and paintings,

we are all the same.

And even though the brokenness really gets to me, I start to realise that as bad as things might get, they ultimately don't matter.

I hunger

And it's done me good.
This has a wonderful way of just getting your focus right and really kicking you into shape.

"makes you wonder: if I can give this up, what else can I do without? and it's alot"
~ Sarah

And yeah it is alot, somethings just start to lose their grip on you and you start to feel that yeah, maybe I don't have to be dependent on relationships, or on image, or on grades, or on anything other then God.

And there's a bounce in my step, not something that's heady and fluffy, but a serious kind of joy? One that's deliberate, carefully thought over and decided upon. Something that lasts for more then a moment or a night and that doesn't leave a hangover. One that comes from reflection, peace and contentment.

Not to say that all my troubles are over. Hell no, but they've taken on a fresh perspective, been reorganized and lifted. Like if I grew a few inches taller, i'm sure the world would be a very different place.

Womanning a booth

Post-modernist.modernist.Thinker.Feeler.Reason.Or no.Names.God.Culture.Countries.Truth.

I am human.

And very very unalone.

No comments: