Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I am blessed beyond measure
and by his grace alone I overcome.

God has been immeasurely good to me. If I were to list out every good thing that He has done for me, it would take forever. And I bet i'd still miss something out.

Though let me clarify that the joy I am experiencing is not happiness or comfort. I am content, but being sick, unsure, unsettled, fearful, confused and all that jazz doesn't warrent my present state of being to be 'happy'. No. That would be an understatement.

Joy unspeakable, Peace that surpasses all understanding, and a Love that just goes way over my head.

There's something about Mary.

Dennis tells me I'm that Mary. That there's something about me that draws people to me. Let me say this though:

Everytime I say something nice about myself on my blog, or recount the nice things that people say about me, it isn't done in all naive innocence.

In all honesty, it is a clear reflection of my brokenness, fear, insecurity and desire to be loved and accepted.

I'm only human.

No comments: