Saturday, January 22, 2005

I have had the best birthday party of my life.
The love and the relationships, all solidifying in my living room.
There it is, I am an adult with a life and it was handed to me in wrapping paper and sticky tape.
I have responsibilities and potential.
I have grace and magnitude.
I had strawberry cheese cake and watched The Lion King.

Seth wasn't around, but I guess that's the point of it all. In the words of that wise old baboon: It is time.

Remember who you are...

Seth, I have loved you deeply and more then I understand. You have blessed me greatly and you will always hold a piece of me. What you meant, what you are and what you gave are forevermore etched into my identity. I can't say that I know how to let you go, or that I want to... or that I ever will. To say that I have would be lying. I still struggle everyday with not holding you.

But it is time, maybe for now. Yes... maybe just for now.
I don't know about tomorrow.
I can only take so much.

So all the best in your future, whatever or whoever that may be. I'll be here to watch you, hold your hand and encourage you for as far as I am able to.

And maybe much much more.
But I cannot think of that now.
Goodnight love.
(*)

No comments: