Friday, November 04, 2005

I've been unfaithful

If there's anything you cannot fake, it's who you are in the presence of God. You CANNOT, try as you might, be plastic before God. The fascinating thing is that when you're plastic before God, it probably means that you're plastic before yourself. So screwed. So yeah, I realise that I've completely lost it when I start wondering why I don't feel spirituall fuzzy any more. And then it hits me how wrong the whole stucture is, me using God to fill my God-shaped hole, as opposed to God using me to glorify him.

More one hundred other lovers.

The biggest one being myself.

"cept for a few people who really are perfect... but they dont realize that they're any different from us" ~ Seth

That will be my spiritual aspiration. To shift my vision from myself, to God.
And that's it.

---

And to Seth, with whom I share a familar, albeit unintimate, mutual understanding. What can I say? I still stand in awe of our journey together, then and now. I think engaging with you has led me to see how we really are all made in the image of God.

No comments: