Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Backburner baby
You're gonna bring yourself down.

Last night, Mel and I had a conversation pertaining to being someone you're not. Of trying to fit into a particular role, idea, persona. Hell, of just trying to fit in. Unnaturally.

Well, what if that IS who one is? A person who is constantly trying to be someone he's not?

I have noticed that it is hard for me to get along with such. And then we talked of being 'down-to-earth'. What does that mean? Who is 'down-to-earth'? Do we like 'down-to-earth' people? or do we not?

You understand the earth. But you're not necessarily on it.
I choose not to be.
Yes.


And then I look at myself this past year, and a shadow of curiousity flickers across the radar. How much of me this year is me? who...? And then the shadow disolves into the light of the knowlegde that such questions have a time and a place to be asked.

And that time is not now.

No comments: