Sunday, March 05, 2006

All things go, all things go

Forgive my absolutism, but some things (i.e. life) function without any exceptions, with no room for relativism or conditionality. But here we are, in the midst of destruction and creation, trying as far as we might to be perfect little beings.

You came to take us, to recreate us.

"So that's $12 right?"
"... No. You told me ten..."

Oppenheimer park has got to be the most unglamourous place in Vancouver. But for me, the sun has never been more kind, or the people more real. The place reflected the people, with layers of litter and broken bits of everything entrenched in the soil. It would take more then an afternoon and three garbage pickers to make a start.

But for me, life has never been more true.

if I was crying
in the van, with my friend
it was for freedom
from myself and from the land

I realise that judgement is a very personal thing. It shouldn't affect the object of judgement but rather, the subject who judges. For if you judge, you will be judged in the same way.

It's another from of solipsism, of only seeing yourself and hence being blind. Navel gazing doesn't allow for much of a picture, save for a navel. But to be oblivious, and yet utterly aware, of yourself and your actions, the perhaps judgement will cease.

I made a lot of mistakes, in my mind, in my mind...

No comments: