Thursday, June 29, 2006

J.A.F.A.

Is the zoo air-conditioned?
~ Simon, zoo-bound on the 171.

Every once in a while, a random rock or two orbits into your path and you find yourself whizzing along, hurlting through space together for a little moment in time, before eventuality does the inevitable.

Simon was a JAFA (Just Another Friendly Australian) who was sitting solitarily at the next table in our inferior Thu Giang guesthouse on Thouc Bac street in Hanoi, Vietnam. An invitation, a following 3-hour bus-ride sealed the deal, and Simon and I have been hanging out sporadically for the past 4 days or so, with never a dreary moment.

What would Ting do with a monkey?
~ Myself, after Simon muses over the possibility of getting Ting a Monkey as a present.

It's strange to contemplate on the fact that Simon and I have only known each other for less then a week. And as I told him, it is rare that I meet someone whom I get along so well with, and it is perhaps good that we hung out for only 4 days before Turkey called him forward.

At anyrate, it was a blessing, to be The Embarrassment belonging to this truely Fantastic Australian.
I, along with the buddhist beads around my wrist, look forward to January and Whistler.

No comments: