Monday, January 15, 2007

My parents dropped me off today and headed off to their hotel in downtown Vancouver. Tomorrow morning, they will fly off to Singapore, back home, while I continue to live my life here. Of course I would not have it any other way, but I am starting to realise that some of my choices hurt. I want my mummy.

And in church today, I was arrested by the magnificence and grace of God, and after spending 7 months drifting further away, I'm glad to be back in First CRC. Maybe Shiyu was right about my church and how it affects my spiritual growth. I was going to ask if I should leave HPC on those grounds but then realised that this is not the time for such questions.

Ok, life in Vancouver starts today. the past week was a fuzzy no-mans land with my body in Vancouver but my relational orientation in Singapore. Now that my family has left (woe is me) I can be all, and fully here. But I love you.

Vancouver is always the time for realization. And here I realise that I am pitifully needy and insecure. My inner clown acts up at the steepest point of reality and shows that I, indeed, desperately want it all. And this cannot be legitimized.

No comments: