Friday, August 03, 2007

The disconnected generation - finding meaning the the lyrics of pop songs. NO CULTURE!
~Boss, in response to my passionate homily on U2 and the spiritual significance they have had on my life.

My stumped expression must have had come across as indignant and he immediately followed his tirade with the mercy of granting the 'pop' phenomenon the status of a culture in itself.

Not that I cared. I was too busy being flustered about the inherent rightness of his statement. Here I am, trying so hard to be Chinese, to be who I ought to be, the the people who speak most to me are a bunch of Irish men in bling.

And as I fret, the most important lesson that I have learnt here rises to mind: some things just are.

And there's no need to justify and explain yourself, just be.

Sometimes, MCQs are the way to go.

2 comments:

Robby said...

can't you write without using random acronyms (ie BKK, MCQ)?
I have no knowledge of such things!

Hannah Lim said...

HAHA Oh boy. Ok Here's a guide buddy

BKK = Bangkok

MCQ = Multiple Choice Questions. you know, the kind in exams where they give you 4 options and you choose the right answer.

I hate those exams!