Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I have never felt this way before. For the first time in over four years, I loathe the thought of leaving Singapore. I have gotten too comfortable, too soft here. But instead of looking forward to another three grueling years of lofty ambition and invigorating research, I wish I had a 9-5 job, a nondescript pay-cheque, and the weekends to spend with Belmont. There is so much comfort in this simplicity. Surrounded by family, all are family.

Life here is beautiful. So beautiful, I am almost wishing away my ambition.

You'd be bored by tomorrow lah if you stayed.
~ The Boyfriend, who knows me too well.

I know your promises Lord, but forgive me for asking: Please let this be worth it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl, that's such a sweet (and yet such a sad post). miss u already! cant wait to talk to u about nothing in particular...
angie

Anonymous said...

oei the man at the store where we bought the shui jiao was asking where you were...!

where are you! -glad

Hannah Lim said...

Awwww!!!

I'm in bloody law school! Bleh. Sitting in the registration area while I wait. I hate new social situations. such a classic waste of time.

Anonymous said...

well since when were u inefficient at reducing the cost of new social situations? :P

oei i dyed my hair half blond, and mr chan hated it so much he donated 50 bucks to me to have it re-dyed. yes. he opened his wallet and thrust a blue note to me. where the hell are when such a ridiculous situation deserves a laugh out hannah moment??!??! -g

Anonymous said...

yo girl, where you at? you don't im or call no more?

Mel