Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I guess one thing 公公 and I have in common, is that we both worship Lee Kwan Yew albeit for different reasons I'm sure. I don't know about him, but in my eyes, this man stands for a fierce self-awareness resulting in the ability to look at a world that is not his, a game whose rule-makers are set up against him, and not flinch. And beyond that, he recognized this reality, even when it is easier to delude oneself against its existance. And he did so without seeing the need to change himself and consequentially, us. We grew, naturally, instead of trying to fit our rounds bodies into square holes.

Maybe now, we're deformed circle-squares. But at least we are our own.

(I think.)

But at any rate. I look at him and see who I want to be: To recognize reality, to not be ashamed of inherent disadvantage, to embrace my being and to build life on strength, not hand outs.

This is your story, I want to see you live it well.
~ Curtis

1 comment:

Daniel Foo said...

explain why on earth you are not msning anymore. does it make sense to me?!? -glad