Sunday, October 12, 2008

In the morning I awoke with a start. It was a nightmare, albeit at 10 am. I dreamt that I had bed bugs in my bed - huge ones. I tossed around for a bit to regain my composure, settling down only after convincing myself that no, I didn't need to tell Joy that we needed to get exterminators in and that I needn't bag all my possessions - again.

I turned to my window to watch the sunrise behind the north shore mountains, laced in mist and the orange glow. My bed is new, cosy and warm, with sheets that have been mine for 5 years. I am cradled. I was going to be late for breakfast - crepes, coffee and fruit. I continued to watch the mountians and started to wonder if I was happier here then in Singapore. Then it dawned on me that home was shifting. I wasn't sad, but rather filled with wonder - that Singapore is no less home to me as Vancouver enlarged itself in my heart. Am I growing bigger on the inside? I felt little heart tentacles stretch out for within my chest, as if to grab hold of the essense of my relationships here in Canada. A part of me.

Jin calls. It's 10.15, and I am already loving the day.

No comments: