Saturday, May 02, 2009

Summer promises


Sun, hot days with very little on. Toes that enjoy the light and skin that breathes gently. Having lunch and dinners with my girls, talking about days gone by, hopes, dreams, how we've changed, pain and love. Smiling genuinely. Rest, peace and recuperation. Buckets of iced sugar cane and alongside seafood and spiced stingray, a wiff of a cigarette as we debrief the past semester. No more inadequate esoteric ideas and theories, but a life to hold and to live. Time to start speaking in tangible weighted words, instead of dead-end concepts spewed onto double-spaced papers and yellow walls. To find myself gravitating back into who I am, to be re-centered and to re-become, to create art and to constitute the person that I am. To find strength and peace, joy and forgiveness through new-born eyes which cast their cautious gaze onto the world.

Embrace me again, and help me find reasons to be beautiful. For I lost them here, somewhere along the way. And when refound, they will teach me again how to love truely, through everything. For there is no fear in perfect love, and perfect love is possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lady, you're falling into the same spiral as me come home and i'll knck some healthy cynicism into you. no one should be hurting alone for something they can't have or will not be had by anyone. aye? i just got back from bali, did me alot of good. only you can decide what you want in the end.

xx
ling

Hannah Lim said...

Lingu wingu! I have stories to share!