Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I know it's silly to get stressed up over the small things, to obsess over that little flint of gravel you meet on the journey instead of focusing on the road itself. Just that, these pieces get stuck in my shoe.

I need funding for this next semester in Singapore. This Lee Foundation award thing isn't pulling through. I can't apply for Go Global awards as I want to do this self-directed course with UBC.

And on that note, I need ITG to be my supervisor for this self-directed course I need in order to do the courses I want to do here, and to do French. He's not responding to my emails.

And finally, when you're so far away, how do I sense that this is worth as much as I had anticipated? I feel like ducking under the covers of a horoscope book and tearing it all up for fear of the inevitable failure that this could all be.

I'm guessing this is what my mother meant by me relying too much on myself and not on God (huh?). That's probably true but as always, I've learnt to peel off the truth from words and I've come to the conclusion that -- 

2 comments:

shu said...

it'll pull through. you're trying to tie up loose ends during a period of the year where people apply for leave in hordes. eventually things will pull through. breathe!

Hannah Lim said...

Thank you shu!! it's more of learning how God will provide. And learning not to sweat the small stuff. :) Which I always do.