Wednesday, February 26, 2003

I have come to the conclusion that magazines are bad for your health.

They breed materialsim, greed and pride.

I'm an avid reader.

You don't know this, But many people would love to be you.

It came as a shock, a pleasent surprise. I was 16.
She had been sitting next to me, mostly in discomfort and fear of my over-powering personality, for a year.
We spoke in different languages and communicated though broken bits of whatever we knew, and stationery.
I loved her.

And she was right.
Perhaps not in the sense that there were individuals lusting after who-I-was, but in the sense that I was so blessed in contentment.

I never whined for better grades, despite failing chinese and chemisty straight out,
On the flip side, i didn't care of these subjects, i excelled in what i loved.
I never felt socially awkward, despite not really bonding with the rest of the class,
On the flip side, I didn't care to either, I simply enjoyed their company and they enjoyed mine.
I never thought myself less-well-off, despite getting an allowance usually less then that of my peers,
On the flip side, I didn't see the point of materialism, i was practical to the core.

I was content, with what i had, with who i was, with what i was doing.
That was the basis of my happiness.

You know, looking back, I would never have thought of you being the sort to worry about your nails.

Of course.
I spent the better part of my childhood climbing trees, catching insects, playing "catching"...
I hated dresses, dolls, teddy bears, jewellery even sleep-overs.

Looking at my shelves, i have no less then:
22 shades of lippie,
3 bottles of clear lip gloss,
11 shades of eye colour,
1 eye liner,
2 shades of blush,
2 types of foundation,
2 tubs of loose power,
7 shade of nail polish, (excluding the top and base coats)
6 scents

Not to mention the make-up stashed away from theatre i think i have another 5 shades of lipstick, 2 shades of eyeshadow...

My wardrobe is becoming like china. so over-populated that i cannot account for every piece, and it's still growing.

So blessed,
So stupid

A snob is one who puts good taste above a good heart.


~ULVE 3.am

No comments: