Monday, January 12, 2004

Have faith

I love easily. But rarely am I ever swept away.
But when God decides to pick you up and slap you, you'd be crazy to resist.

Honestly, 24 hours before the retreat, i was less then eager to participate. Had I not been on the planning com i wouldn't have gone, I would've backed out on grounds of Food poisoning and hibernated.

Fear as usual. Right up to the moment before going to the gym.

"Do you wanna play?"
"heh I would play yeah, if they weren't so big. You see in singapore the guys are half the size of the guys here so I don't get trampled to death when I DO play."
"Uh... no... do you want to PRAY?"

I'd known you for less then 4 hours, and you minstered to me in God-inspired ways.
Now how crazy is that?

All the more, I understand that just because I'm asian, doesn't necessarily mean that people see me as any... less. That we were meant to be colour-blind. That true power comes from God. That it doesn't matter how well or how long you have known that person, it's who that person knows...

And Silence. Beauty. Joy.
Fear has no ground.

But at the same time, I sense weight of the ugliness of it all is crushing, horrifying and almost damning.
Thank God for grace, solace

and new mornings


Snow to walk through everytime you need to go to the washroom. Groovy


Lessons. all 36 of them


Individuals who only bathe once during the weekend, who juggle, trumpet, one-mouth-drum, double knot their laces, game, and who have the same interest for CS Lewis, Donne, and George W. Smith as you. Glam.


Well, I guess it would be nice...

No comments: