Tuesday, February 24, 2004

To no one in particular

The first thought seen when morning cracks under my lashes,
like chocolate sliding over my tongue-

-you


with the shape of your back, the line of your face, the texture of your hair.
The way innocence leads your walk,
The way light makes magic with the colour of your flesh.
Music in your words and your voice, a deep grey,
With a power in your limbs that grasps grace.

To whisper from afar, behind intricate webs, the song of the soul combined with an intensity matched only with strangeness, is like the snug-fit of an engagement ring.

But to fall forever into your endless eyes realized...
Down.
A stright line.
A tangoed moment of chaos and nonchalance.

I checked the praises as they formed on the tip of my tongue and my selfish heart skipped a beat.

No comments: