Thursday, February 26, 2004

The trunk was the treasure chest...

a feel-God day

The Changing Room


Try it on for size, and look into the mirror.

I did FOH (they call it box office here) for a christian theatre company tonight. And I left pretty much speechless. This was a tiny, independent, non-profit theatre company (think miss?eve) and yet the quality of the theatre produced exceeds any singapore production i've seen. It was held in the Havana Theatre on Commercial drive, the little bohemia of Vancouver. It was one of the most honest theatre spaces I've seen. I sat there, unaware, unsure with no clue as to what to do (I could even find the darn acting space). BUT, I did not feel unworthy, insecure or self-conscious as I always do in Singapore around Fort Canning and SubStation. Hell, i did FOH with one of the playwrites. Of course the fact that it was a Christian group does help. But it was the quality of theatre that impressed me.

And I found out: Regent does performing arts from a christian perspective.
*WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?*
No seriously.
Nowhere have I heard 'camera angle' and 'theology' in the same conversation.
God loves me.

... and the treasure, was me

Oh and i learnt in Identity Study today that:
1) When we are who we truely are, we glory god the most
2) when we try to be other wise, we glory god less
3) How do we know who we are? In God
4) who tells us? God and God alone.

Find your identity in God.

Woohoo Thomas Merton. That is one funky monk.

No comments: