Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I am who I am

I've wondered at how multi-faceted I am in terms of my personality.
But I am not (no one is) multi-faceted in terms of my Character

very different: who I am and who I am perceived to be.
And to add to that: who I let myself be perceived to be.

So please don't mix this up, for me, or for anyone.

Yes, even if I am the bimbo in geog class who whimers about the complexities of magnetic declination, I am a person. So you can bitch about me being rediculous, but don't reject me for that. We're all different with our individualistic perceptions of normality, turth and what-have-you-nots.

Different does not mean better or worse.
Different does not mean right or wrong.
Differnet does not mean acceptable or not.

Culture and morality are two different things. Now here's the catch:
I build my morality on my culture. even if my culture stems from within the universal church of God, I am here, I am me for a reason. You are here, you are you for that exact same reason.

So, I may never agree, you may never be comfortable, I may never concede, you may never convince.
But, despite all, we can always love

Something worthy to say

Doesn't entail likeing what's there,
It means to respect the differences and to see beyond, and within, and not solely on your grounds.

No comments: