Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I went to the National Sailing Center today and I met Ramli. A national sailor who coached me in my little optimist a good decade ago.

"Are you still sailing?"
"No. I quit a decade ago..."

Times like this I feel like such a failure. The frustration is so overwhelming. Wasted Chances. Wasted lives. What really bites is that I didn't give myself the chance to excel. And I know I would have.

"He said that you had so much potential"

And Ballet.
How could I look 4 distinctions in the eye and say "I'm quiting?"

Then I observe, and praise God for the bad decisions in my life.
In them He makes beauty.

And He will keep doing so, if I keep listening.

Tell me what to achieve
Baby, so I can move forward.
Car crashes, TV shows, a drunked on the side of the road,
People running wild.

Car Crashes || Steadfast

And while you're at it, make me dangerous.

No comments: