Sunday, May 16, 2004

So it's been 5 days. I'm still in a daze. Missing the Navs, some arts one peeps, Robby, J, Magic, Seth... and being able to fit into my shorts. I'm prosperous. Good ol Larry and I are becoming quite bonded. Except we can't seem to agree on the adjective that best suits the typical singaporean Girl

I say it's beautiful,
Larry says it's Anorexic.

So anyway, apart from body shape, I'm finding myself very much out of the loop with the singaporean culture. I stand in the middle of town, gazing at the skinny, impeccably dressed creatures drifting around me.

I observe the gait, I cannot appreciate.
I listen to the language, I cannot communicate.
I marvel at the hair colour, I cannot understand.

So I'm here in a sort of cultural limbo.

"This feeling of isolation and exclusion is something that you should always keep praying for. This means that you will have to depend on God fully."
~Daniel.

I want to go Home.
I want to know where that is.

Oh but don't be mistaken, I am very very happy now.

No comments: