Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Vitriol

"it's been proven that everyone will encounter a certain percentage of people they will never get along with."

I remember the culture shock I went through when I entered VJC. For the first time, I had met people with the propensitiy to dislike another human being. One of these evil individuals, was me. I morphed -twisted would be a more appropriate term- into a worm. I hated the people around me, I hated humanity, I hated myself. I was queen mother bitch of the western skies with a very large capacitiy and inclination to inflict emotional pain on the people around me, at least on those whom I feared or despised.

And half-way through year two, God waltzed me around and I came back full cycle - in love with Humanity. Except this time, with a precise, informed, decisive love. So far removed from the pink and fluffy affection I had offered in the past. I learned more about people, I studied their habits as if they were monkeys in the wild and conjured up sweeping grand theories that could explain anything about the incomprehensible nature of man.

I am only twenty years old.

Suddenly I found myself face to face with people that I -perhaps- could never get along with. At least not on a working level. And I ended up working with them. Now if my discovery channel findings and grand theories had been correct, I ought never to ended up in such a state, socially speaking.

So I was very wrong.

Either that or the circumstances did not allow for me to practise what I believed to be 'the solution'. But then, I thank God that I was wrong. It just shows that humanity is a lot bigger than I am. And it that respect, so very beautiful.

So I can only just, let my failure go. And in a funny way, I am so very glad that things turned out in the worst possible way for me. It's some funny yin yang thing all over again, some weird tension of opposites... whatever. In the worst situation, I saw the most beautiful. Amazing.

No comments: