Saturday, October 16, 2004

I'm not complaining, I'm not backing down, I'm not about to run away.

I've taken a lot on this term, more then I can handle:
6.5 courses, 3 of which involve insane readings, research papers etc etc.
The nav night team, planning logistically is not my thing.
Theatre. 2.5 of my courses, this involves a lot of outside show watching, which involves a lot of retarded planning. I make things difficult for myself.
Relationships. One that's particularly intense and deep, and that's not including the endless cups of coffee I am obliged to consume.
Apart from all that, i have a ton of things to think about. Christmas, Uncle Ron, Leaders summit. Alpha ...

So prior to my Hist 125 tutorial (which I had failed to do the readings for), I mused about for a while.

"Lord, I'm stepping into this with a clear understanding that I am unable to handle the richness and velocity of my life, and that I can only be victorious and succeed through you.

You alone, lord, have to carry me through, you alone are soveriegn and great. You are my strength and center."

I tend to forget that pretty often and find myself, once again, grappling for explict and overt accpetance and attention. What am I coming to? There is only one center around which I can confidently constuct my being. And relationships are not going to take that place. it has to be God.

No comments: