Saturday, October 02, 2004

Spiritual rice bowl


Oh, why you look so sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry

I've got my bedroom and pillow thank you very much.
Humanity, hubris. What are we to do? There are a ton of hurting people in the world, and if were to sit around and act upon our inability to understand rather then love, we as christians aren't doing what we were called to do.

"Love your neighbour as yourself" is hailed by the Lord as the second most important commandment. Why wait till we understand before we love? We cannot even understand ourselves yet we do anyway. Suck it up.

Let me see you through
'Cause I've seen the dark side too
When the night falls on you
and you don't know what to do
Nothing you confess could make me love you less.

I don't think we dare believe that anymore.
There are so many aspects when it comes to loving a person. It ought to be an art really. There's the message, the speaker of the message, the timing of delivery, the medium of delievery the style and the tone. Or maybe there just is no love. Period.

When you're standing at the crossroads
and don't know which path to choose
Let me come along

I tried.


'Cause even if you're wrong...

yes, what if I'm wrong?

Take me in, into your darkest hour
and I'll never desert you

When the night falls on you, baby
You're feeling all alone
You won't be on your own
I'll stand by you...

Thank you God, your faithfulness never ceases.

I'll stand by you ~ The pretenders

No comments: