Monday, December 13, 2004

Sting me

Who's gonna tell you when it's too late?
Who's gonna tell you things aren't so great?

We've got reality to contend with. But vastly different realities. How do we move when we can't even agree on what we have? Where is the empirical? The Unshakable? The Absolute? The Fundamental that ensures?

Who?

Who's gonna pick you up when you fall?
Who's gonna hang it up when you call?

I cannot understand how one can stand alone. To be broken and not seeking to be mended, to be an island in a sea of sand. Who can bear the burden in solitude?

Who?

Who's gonna pay attention to your dreams?
Who's gonna plug their ears when you scream?

From the innane to the international. Someone's got to make all that matter.

Who?

Who's gonna hold you down when you shake?
Who's gonna come around when you break?

Sometimes, I look forward to the crises in my life (not that I have any). They stand testimony to His faithfulness. In this respect, yes, I fear nothing and I can be anything and in that, I can be me. In fullness.

Who?

You can't go on thinking nothing's wrong

Just look.

Who's gonna drive you home tonight?

Who?

No comments: