Sunday, March 20, 2005

Granted, I knew.
This is my story.

Heaven bent to take my hand
and lead me through the fire.
Be the long awaited answer
to a long and painful fight.

It's the folly of heaven that moves our hearts everywhere except toward those who are deserving. The answer to my search leaves me on my knees, nowhere nearer to where I want to be, with equal loss and equal gain, and with scars.

Truth be told I tried my best
but somewhere along the way...

I got caught up with all there was to offer.
And the cost was more then I could bear.

Hubris. I am never enough. Look at where I am and what I'm trapped in. I've fallen.

We all begin with good intent
Love was raw and young
We believed that we could change ourselves
The past could be undone.

Sunk so low.

But we carry on our backs the burden
Time always reveals
The lonely light of moring, and the wound that would not heal
It's the bitter taste of losing everything that I held so dear.

I've messed up, but better I should know.

Heaven bent to take my hand
Nowhere left to turn
I'm lost to those I thought were friends
Everyone I know

Don't come round here.

They turn they're heads embarrassed
Pretend they do not see

Don't tell me I told you so.

It's one missed step you slip before you know it
And there doesn't seem to be a way to be redeemed.

I hope I heal. I hope I haven't ensnared myself.

No comments: