Saturday, July 09, 2005

Your ambition.

Over BBQ and QE walks I thought about where I was going and who I was becoming and what I wanted to be. I figured that maybe my whole get-up as a major thought-processing-machine and concept-generator was becoming passe. As usual I confuse the wine and the wine-skins and realise that I've missed the whole point.

I'm not trying to give my life meaning

So I am going to strip it down to the bare bones. Just raw flesh, sinews and You making me. I want to be small, I want to suffer for the prize to be earned, I want to be sharp, lean and sleek. And if the regimental mind is getting in the way, I'll give that up.

by demeaning you

So, I'm going to give up this whole Fi-Lo-So Cheemological outfit and concentrate on reality. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. And at the end of the hairy day we are left with the thinnest threads of gold, the relationships that should've been worked on, the people restored and the lives met.

and I would like to state for the record

So call me guys, if I am absorbed in my mind, in my papers, in my books and in my concepts. Flag me when I shuffle my identity unhealthily and cop out, and most of all, when I stop relating and being real.

I did everything that I could do

So here's to a good year of thinking and discovering and now I will do everything in my power to discard what no longer fits.

I'm not saying that I'm a saint
I just don't want to live that way

Meet me.

No comments: