Friday, September 09, 2005

Running home

I had a great conversation with my brother last night. I realise that I actually know him more then I realise, that he is too much like me to ignore and hence, too predictable. I know him for what's inside, but not for his life experiences.

If there is one regret that I have with regards to coming to Canada, is that I'm missing the formative years of my brother's life.

I am struck and how little I think of him, and how non-existant he is in my life and only makes the occasional appearance in the odd coversation pertaining to Harry Potter. But last night, in the midst of blog hopping, I came across the lyrics for "Warrior is a Child" and felt a longing for reconnection.

His mime work always brought me to tears.
He is amazing, talented and charming, surpassing me in everything.
And I know that he is always a child.

I'm bringing home here.

No comments: