Thursday, September 29, 2005

Today:

Oh look at how she listens
She says nothing of what she thinks
She just goes stumbling through her memories
Staring out on to Grey Street

She thinks, �Hey,
How did I come to this?
I dream myself a thousand times around the world,
But I can�t get out of this place�

There�s an emptiness inside her
And she�d do anything to fill it in
But all the colors mix together - to grey
And it breaks her heart

How she wishes it was different
She prays to God most every night
And though she swears it doesn�t listen
There�s still a hope in her it might

She says, �I pray
But they fall on deaf ears,
Am I supposed to take it on myself?
To get out of this place�

There�s an emptiness inside me
And I�d do anything to fill it in
And though it�s red blood bleeding from me now
It�s more like cold blue ice in my heart
I feel like kicking out all the windows
And setting fire to this life
I could change everything about me using colors bold and bright
But all the colors mix together - to grey
And it breaks my heart
It breaks my heart

To grey

No comments: