Friday, January 27, 2006

I await the day I can sing in this in Church.

Dear god,
Hope you got the letter,
And I pray you can make it better down here.
I don�t mean a big reduction in the price of beer,
But all the people that you made in your image,
See them starving on their feet,
�cause they don�t get enough to eat
From god,
I can�t believe in you.

Dear god,
Sorry to disturb you,
But I feel that I should be heard loud and clear.
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears,
And all the people that you made in your image,
See them fighting in the street,
�cause they can�t make opinions meet,
About god,
I can�t believe in you.

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!

Dear god,
Don�t know if you noticed,
But your name is on a lot of quotes in this book.
Us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look,
And all the people that you made in your image,
Still believing that junk is true.
Well I know it ain�t and so do you,
Dear god,
I can�t believe in,
I don�t believe in,

I won�t believe in heaven and hell.
No saints, no sinners,
No devil as well.
No pearly gates, no thorny crown.
You�re always letting us humans down.
The wars you bring, the babes you drown.
Those lost at sea and never found,
And it�s the same the whole world �round.
The hurt I see helps to compound,
That the father, son and holy ghost,
Is just somebody�s unholy hoax,
And if you�re up there you�ll perceive,
That my heart�s here upon my sleeve.
If there�s one thing I don�t believe in...

It�s you,
Dear god.

It makes me cry and is one of my favourite songs.

My favourite because it is sung from a true heart, quite like King David's.
It makes me cry because it is sung to a true God, quite like King David's.

Why don't you do something about this God?
I have. I made you.

No comments: