Saturday, April 15, 2006

Jie Yi

My Chinese name means Purity and Obedience. Purity is anyone's judgement, depending where you stand on the spectrum of fundamentalism, but obedience, now that's another story.

I wouldn't say that I'm disobedient, however the term is defined. In fact I have it on my heart (and character) to be as obediant as possible toward persons/institutions that I respect. And that is not a frequent occurance. People need to earn the right to speak truth in someone's life, and in mine, the price is high.

Tom always jokes about my assumed inability to find a husband if the condition is that he is one who can domesticate me, or in his less genteel lexicon, he must be one who can "submit me".
Uh-huh.

And I realise that that is quite true. My pride may hence be my downfall, but on some respects, it is relatively easy to force ernest regard from me. Steadfastness, integrity, surety and above all confident authoritative love. Complement my pendulous and volatile fire with a steady stream of truth and direction, and all my fortunes at thy foot I'll lay and follow thee my lord throughout the world.

Yes. I am currently reading pride and prejudice.
And having some rather distrubing dreams.

No comments: