Tuesday, July 25, 2006

With escatology assured, what matters now is the process of getting there.

Always keeping in mind that the difference between a gift and a curse that between love and selfishness, as with the ending of a journey being a story of strength, or weakness.

Thinking back to the entry I had posted on men (and the lack of good ones) in the dating world, (yes Dustin, the one you went berserk over), I remember how I said that I was depressed at "the lack of men who would travel round the world to be with you, much less save you". I think I've gotten it sorted out in my head: I was someone who can and will fight for what he chooses, and not someone who just falls for what he cannot resist.

I just don't want to wake up 50 years from now, repeating the pained words of Bridget Jones: "You never mustered the strength to fight for me".

Ahh but it's not that hard really. Choose and commit.
But choose wisely, and with both head and heart.

Let's go.

No comments: