Monday, August 07, 2006

Borey's email hit me hard, shot through the heart. Have I forgotten her? No. I was just too lazy to send off a postcard. And I realise that in that respect, I am a pretty effing bad friend. I don't care to contact people, and will be happy in my little room until someone contacts me. I won't make an effort to keep in contact with someone unless I am riding on an emotional high, the waves of exhileration.

I live in the moment, and I will love madly, in that moment. But when that moment passes by, so do 'we'. And while i am making an effort to break my mold and actually be pro-active in relationships, I live quite happily within myself.

But this doesn't negate love. I loved you in a moment, and then we move on. And when we are here and now, I will love you again. I wonder if I can be faulted for having my relational self dictated by geographical and temporal constraints. Am I held by these cups? Or just plain fucking lazy?

1 comment:

N.J. said...

Answer: All of the above.