Friday, March 16, 2007

Overheard @ UBC

It's a big thing for me to be able to feel my hips when I lie down....

I looked at myself in the mirror as I sleepily steped into my sized 3 mango pants. They always fit. Mango makes pants just for me. I swear. But today, they barely hung, threatening to slip below the elastic band of my too tight underwear... that wasn't too tight. My reflection revealed a new reality: My hips, stabbed out while standing up, for the first time. I have lost too much weight.

Sure enough, the old-school weighing scale at my gym announced that I am barely 98 pounds, bordering on 97.5. That's not even 44.5 kg. I had my shoes on.

I cannot wait for my meat fast to be over. Easter, come hither!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u gave up meat for lent? ME TOO! but i havent lost weight yet, damn it! and surprisingly, i dont miss meat all that much..
angie

Hannah Lim said...

OMG i am so immensely proud of you. I remember you moaning about taht. But it's so much harder in Singapore. Seriously. haha I'm losing weight cos I don't feel like eating cos meat is tasty. And everything else isnt. bah.