Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And this is why I love Vancouver.

"Dallas is winning 1 - 0 now..." I didn't really think much about Susan's comment about game. I was there for yoga, the first time in 3 weeks since crunch time started. I was so tired, I was falling asleep once we proceeded to the floor exercieses. So good.

An hour later, I'm walking out the door into the balmy spring evening. My head is assulted, still, by the echos of my tiny voice in the void Ian left, I'm concerned about my gym membership and some jack ass is thumping his horn. The car goes by, unflanked, unobstructed, NO GODDAMN REASON for the racket. I turn and glare as I cross the road. I hate to be interrupted like this.

But is wasn't just him, a middle aged Chinese man, I had caught a glimpse of him through the steeliness of my glare. But the streets were alive! Cars of all sorts had taken up their voices in a rowdy chorus that bugged the crap out of me. Then I realise that... there has to be something more going on.

Let me guess, we won the game tonight?
Me to stranger. Who was grinning silly while waiting for the light to change.

Affirmative. I have never been in a city so spontaniously and yet disparately jubeelant.

Yay Canucks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know you didn't leave the comment. =)

and i hope everything will be better soon, if not okay. it would be quite cool to meet up with you when you're back, if you won't be weirded out by it. then we cld talk abt everything except what we share in common in terms of history.

and salvage that relationship then! i've let many die and regretted that. and felt very elated when they somehow revived. haha,

God bless hannah. =)

majortom said...

...and on the 10 millionth day, Hannah becomes a Canucks fan... Go Canucks Go!

Hannah Lim said...

Yes to both!

glen said...

did you just cheer on the canucks? i don't know if i can talk to you anymore...

Hannah Lim said...

:( C'mon glen. I listen to gwen stefani too.

glen said...

uh oh, prospects are looking grim