Friday, November 23, 2007

I think I take my angst out on systemic structures, while trying to love people. Which is why I think Hitler's image needs to be rehabilitated (if we cannot recognize his humanity how can we really atone our race?) while our modern social structures should burn in hell for their lack of equity, sympathy and genuinity. I think this is also how I can cast my eye at the Virginia Tech massacre, honour their brave, bleed with their wounded and still wonder, to what extent did society create this for themselves? We build the structures we exist in. It's all we have and it's all we are. Are we just going to close our eyes?

It's like brushing your teeth. You just do it everyday. It's just something you have to do. It's something you should do, as a human being. You don't get awards for brushing your teeth!
~ Roomie, on why she did not go to the Black Ball to be awarded for a ditty that she did in South Africa.


No comments: