Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I get very excited when I meet friends, and I have high inertia. Meaning that my excitement lasts long after the trigger has left on a separate train.

[Boyfriend leaves the train and Hannah fumbles about with her iPod]

Good Looking Guy [gesturing to his seat]: do you want to sit down?

Hannah [Noticing GLG's gesturing only after a few moments. Confused]: huh?

GLG: Do you want to sit?

Hannah: ha? Uh, not it's ok. I'm uh... young and very energetic.

GLG: Yes I can tell.

Hannah [not knowing when to stop]: Do I look pregnant? Cos I'm not!

GLG [Stressed]: Uh, yes... I know you're not.

Hannah [still on a roll]: That was great by the way. Please don't let this stop you from offering your seat to others.

GLG [Dives into his bag and fumbles around]: ...

[fumbles for an extraordinary long time, never looks up again]

-----------------------------

Everytime I see a free Tibet protest, I get angry all over again.

3 comments:

Jarrett said...

Angry? Me too. They SAY "free", but the fine print says "with purchase of any one of the following ten value meals".

Anonymous said...

whenever I see that I consider the semantics and rememer family guy.
"Free tibet!"
"I'll take it! China? I have something you want...but it's going to cost you....that's right...all the tea"

Hannah Lim said...

exactly!!! It makes me laugh too. And value meals and very really valuable.