Saturday, August 01, 2009

Today is the first or second of August?

A asked, peeling the little eyelets out of the purple and cream parking coupons. "The first..." I thought to myself as I felt a little gasp of relief shudder through my tired little self, pressed against the leather of the car. Safe. Finally, the blessed month is here and I can feel a little safer as the folds of my world are stitched tighter together. The old is gone and the new has come.

And then there is meeting familiar panic that arises from being taught the wrong things over and over again. But I must admit, there is something quite fun in facing your fears and seeing them dissolve in the light of courage. Also, I recognize that I am especially vulnerable when exhausted. In these tired moments, even the quietest songs that seep through my headphones break my heart.





~ The best things grow from the worst disasters, the best things grow when we begin again.

1 comment:

Hannah Lim said...

In other words, stay the fuck away from me.