Sunday, February 28, 2016

Yangon Sunday's

Occupying space in Yangon Bake House Inya Road; getting over the shame of having blown up at a taxi driver for having brought me to Inya Lake Hotel instead, as if he had only heard the first two syllabus of my instructions. Why am I surprised? 

Reading City of God (St. Augustine) and Man's Search for Meaning (Victor E. Frankl). Learning that you can be happy in life. You can live a fulfilled life, a happy life, a life with meaning. Devoid of empty structures and meaningless obligations (except note that freedom is balanced with responsibility, and in that tension do we have the material to build a life). 

I think I need to start thinking about tension - about how to live in tension and and to use that to grow, to build. To embrace instead of run away. 

Telling myself over and over again that this too shall pass, that my days are numbered and that while I am not afraid of my inevitable demise from this world, how do I prepare myself for this hole that will be left behind, here and in me? I have so much love for this space and the people. How? 

No comments: