Friday, March 04, 2016

Uh ohh

It's not often (maybe too often?) that I meet someone that makes me want to be completely honest and open with them. At what point will I grow up and learn that hey: life isn't just here in this moment you know, it isn't just this laugh, that ray of sunset, the mint breeze or this electricity. It's decades of misunderstandings, of fragile hopes that crumble like butterfly wings between the fingers of the mundane, of missed-matching careers with no end or purpose and bank balances that would direct the course of destiny but instead wrest it from you. 

How do you reconcile all this? Where is the sweet centre, the peaceful pivot point where all the stars hang in harmonious balance against the well ordered night. Consistently black. 

How? When I am the ocean, and my heart, a splintering vessel adrift with no sailor and no sail? 

No comments: