Tuesday, November 26, 2002

One of my favourites, It hits a spot.

Sex without Love
By Sharon Olds.

How do they do it, the ones who make love
without love? Beautiful as dancers,
gliding over each other like ice-skaters
over the ice, fingers hooked
inside each other's bodies, faces
red as steak, wine, wet as the
children at birth, whose mothers are going to
give them away. How do they come to the
come to the come to the God come to the
still waters, and not love
the one who came there with them, light
rising slowly as steam off their joined
skin? These are the true religious,
the purists, the pros, the ones who will not
accept a false Messiah, love the
priest instead of the God. They do not
mistake the lover for their own pleasure,
they are like great runners: they know they are alone
with the road surface, the cold, the wind,
the fit of their shoes, their overall cardio-
vascular health - just factors, like the partner
in the bed, and not the truth, which is the
single body alone in the universe
against its own best time.

I rememeber writing a very curt reply to Pastor Eng, when he wrote, inquiring about my absense in church. I used this poem in retort, that this is what the church CAN be about, and how disappointed I was. Well, I'd say that was uncalled for. I think i should write again to apologise, despite it being more then a year. It must be so hard to be in ministry, to be accountable for lives you almost have no power to save. It is utterly lonely isn't it? Just you and God, maybe a few close spiritual mentors and friends... And your sheep, a whole chruchfull of strong-willed, bickering rams... man...

See which Greek Goddess you are.



so often in our own folly, being coped up in our own lil worlds and preoccupations that we forget to take a step back and look at the bigger picture, to look beyond oneself, and you've pointed out to me what my myopia has obscured me from : Grace
and hannah, the grace of God shines on u too baby......... don't forget that........
we're all made beautiful cuz we're in His image.........
~ DQ

Tell me why i love all you guys again?

Battle of the Greeks
I'm so dead... I feel as if I've been to the front and back... Ack.. 6 more hours of exams and 3 days to go... God give me patience.

I saw the most innane thing in School. The plasma screen actually has a count down to SDD... In HOURS.. it was 198 the last i saw... Gosh we're a sad little lot aren't we?

I'm still pretty upset abt everything. half of me wants to run aways and willfully erase everything. The other half, called REASON. thinks otherwise... Dammit.

To you. Wonderfully wonderful

I can't believe it, you're a dream coming true
I can't believe how i have fallen for you.

No comments: