Thursday, November 28, 2002

this was the. poem i did for the PC exam
.... Utterly depressing, it's by some 17th century Earl called Wilmot i think.

After Death, nothing is nothing Death,
The utmost Limit of a gasp of Breath;
Let the Ambitious Zealot lay aside
His hopes of heav'n, (whose faith is but his Pride)
Let Slavish Souls lay by their fear;
Nor be concern'd which way, nor where,
After this Life they shall be hurl'd;
Dead, we become the Lumber of the World,
And to that Mass of matter shall be swept,
Where things destroy'd, with things unborn are kept.
Devouring Time swallows us whole;
Impartial Death confounds Body, and Soul.
For Hell, and the Foul Fiend that Rules
God's everlasting fiery Jails
(Devis'd by Rogues, dreaded by Fools)
With his grim grisly Dog, that keeps the Door,
Are senseless Stories, idle Tales,
Dreams, Whimsies, and no more.

Yes well, it was a good paper I thought, I enjoyed it, was squirming in my seat for excitment. I'm just glad I'm doing subjects I actually enjoy. No more Chem or Chinese for me!!

24 hours left to freedom... dear God, please grant me patience...

I will be their possession

I am to be the only inheritance the priests have. You are to give them no possession in Isreal; I will be their possession ~ Ezekiel 44:28

This came up during my QT yesterday. Wow, it guess having a flock of stubborn wilful bickering sheep does pay off eh? But to possess God? Wow, what else could one ask for?

Of course materialistic me says that an uninhibited shopping spree and flawless skin sounds good too. *sigh* When will I get my priorities right?

It's a material world
Oh I am an apostate!

No comments: