Tuesday, April 08, 2003

I've realised we cannot be extreme in what we desire.

I desire peace
But not at the expense of gratefulness.
I would that the world would be at peace, and every man's soul be at rest.
But I would not have ignorance, bigotry, self-centredness and selfishness.
We need a bit of pain to battle that.

Ugh

So what do I do?

With nicotine and sex and alcohol and swearing?

I hate it when I'm prescriptive.
Aren't we all?
But how can I speak so? I know for a fact that I do not define anything.
But you do know that God's standard is ontological?
That's ME... and sometimes, very alone, and it breeds Pride Hateful, unloving pride... and I don't like it.
[silence]
I lose.. against myself.

So what do I do?

With nicotine and sex and alcohol and swearing ... and love?

I'll stick with bleeding thank you.

No comments: