Sunday, April 06, 2003

Tiny

I don't know why i fear so much, I don't understand how I balk at the thought of speaking, of doing anything, in case i trip over my feet.
I know my worth, I just don't trust anyone else too see it.

Showdown in Iraq

With so much public opinion on the war, I can't really iron out how i feel exactly...

war is not right
But that does not make it wrong. It is an outrage to humanity but then again, who are we to decide how we are to live and how humanity functions? We are trapped within our own nature, and we cannot doing anything to change that. War, along with peace and love has it's place in our nature. Sometimes, It is a necessity, no matter how cruel.

You cannot say that you understand
Of course I don't understand how the iraqis feel, Of course i don't understand what it is like to live without food and water and in constant fear and uncertainty. Nor do you. So how can we protest against the body that calls for war if we cannot understand its situation? Some call for peace because they know what it is like to suffer, others cry for war, because they don't want to experience suffering.

Bombing for peace is like F***ing for Virginity
And I wonder how they expect Bush to call of the war. Like "Oh wow, that so makes sense. oh well, i'll just call back my troops from half-way round the globe and give saddam a peace offering."

Of course it is logical. I agree, but then again, short term peace may forfeit the future. It's like removing a cancerous growth, you kill a million other cells, lose all your hair strength, self-confidence... but you live longer. hopefully.

I'd rather save money on the candles and give it to charity
But what the arts community has done is so powerful and uplifting it amazes me. Although i cannot agree with every word spoken, I feel that Lysistrata Lah! and the candle lighting concert has created a spirit of passion and empathy, it has heightened awareness and expressed amazing concern. It was a humanising experience. But we must be careful with the power that such passion wields, biasness and over-reaction is prone to happen. This has done Singapore a lot of good. To some "it's one big party!", for others, a chance to express their intense hatred towards hate (and to teether on the edge of prescriptiveness), for me, a chance to evalutae what i believe in, and what others believe in and to try to solidify my stand.

[capacity-buliding]
I find the previous debates somewhat amusing.
A war about the war.
How can we suggest peace if we cannot demonstrate it ourselves?
What happened to tolernace and understanding?
I find it... stupid.
The group was set-up with democratic ideals, a free space for expression and discussion.
Yet to me, it has somehow turned into a farce.
I'm just glad that the war is over, and i can read articles in peace.

I am in no position to decide
anything.
I do not agree with this war.
There seems to be no wisdom at the reigns.
The Timing,
The words,
The ways,
They do not lie open, blameless and warrented.

So I will sit here, comforted that is life is but a bus stop.

human
I play a good game,
but not as good as you
I can be a little cold, but you can be so cruel
I'm not made of brick, I'm not made of stone
But I had you fooled enough
to take me on
If love was a war, it's you who has won
While I was confessing it, you held your tongue
Now the damage is done...


Well there's blood in these veins
And I cry when in pain
I'm only human on the inside
And if looks can deceive
Make it hard to believe
I'm only human on the inside
I thought you'd come through,
I thought you'd come clean
You were the best thing I should never have seen
But you go to extremes, you push me too far
Then you keep going 'til you break my heart
Yeah, you break my heart
See I bleed and I bruise, oh, but what's it to you
I'm only human on the inside
And if looks could deceive,
Make it hard to believe
I'm only human on the inside
I crash and I burn, maybe some day you'll learn
I'm only human on the inside
I stumble and fall, baby, under it all
I'm only human on the inside
And the damage is done...

I wish we'd see that in everyone.

I crash and I burn, maybe some day you'll learn
I stumble and fall, baby, I do it all
I'm only human on the inside

No comments: