Thursday, September 11, 2003

No wonder you have a blog Hannah, strange things keep happening to you.
~Shulin

[Door knock, Hannah stirs from a semi-concious state after an afternoon nap and answers the door]
Shulin: You're sleeping?!
Hannah: Yeah...
Shulin: ok go sleep.

[much later]

Shulin: Hannah, did you know that you slept through an entire fire alarm?

...

So the story goes that some popcorn hungry individual over-heated his popcorn in the lounge microwave. The smoke sensors tripped the alarm bringing the firemen in who then evacuated the entire 1st floor.

Apparently, our fire alarm system is pretty funky-state-of-the-arty. We have bells in the corridor (there's one bright red shiny one just above my door), and if that's not enough the rooms are equipped with a groovy device that will spin flashing lights around the room from the celing accompanied by a loud clicking sound...

Couldn't you smell the smoke?

Thing is, it could have been a total lie and I wouldn't have known. I just slept through it all.
Thank God I wasn't fined.

So that was yesterday

Today, however, I was attacked by a bird.

...

Let's just say that it was big, hungry and that I had breakfast.

Off the red book

"And then she was like..."
"And then I was like...."
"I can't believe she did..."
"I mean she actually went to him...."


Comman conversation trend in the class of Sociology 100-001

I cannot believe the mundanity of the conversations i chance upon. "Ours is a high and lonely destiny" [The magicians Nephew] and I can see why. But I lack the magic.

Scenes from the rose garden

No comments: