Sunday, November 02, 2003

Day by day

See what happens? I let up reading the bible and praying for a couple of days and I start slipping.
Misery starts seeping in and I find myself failing and desperately scratching around for something to hold on to and I know full well that it's all so darn useless and pathetic.

You're way too dependent on God, you're pretty useless as an individual without him.
Generalized other to me.

Then again, that's the point. More of God less of Me.
So I've become a weak and incapable individual that's overly dependent on my concept of God.

How much of that matters really? Really really matters?

To the rest of the world that sees me,
I'm effective, joyful and whole, perhaps stronger then ever and more human.
More joy, peace and patience.
With gifts aplenty.

So does it matter that I'm nothing without God?

Does it really really matter in the face of life?

being real...


BB

BTW, josh and I are starting a group of what we've affectionately dubbed BBs (bible buddies).
We aim to encourage each other to plow through the Bible in one year. the whole thing.

maybe not just as a text but as the living breathing word of God.

Any shouts of interest?

No comments: