Sunday, January 25, 2004

And for me, sheer fascination is not enough

I had a CNY dinner till late last night at Lougheed Wonton Restraunt. I woke up with my soul suspended somewhere between power and powerlessness, dream and reality.

It's an awkward feeling, being birthed.
The coming out of a wet, warm delicious womb,
Feeling it violently slide away from your skin, being sacrificed.
And the cold thin air, reaching out to receive you.
For that one moment, you're really not sure of where you are or what to make of it all.
Your muscles controt instinctually,
Siezures of fear, cold, joy and freshness take you by the hand and tango you around the hospital room.
Rocking from hand to hand, that intense moment of who you are escalates to a lungful cry...

and then....
... consciousness

Of course, I had to be a C-section birth.

No comments: