Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I want to learn Mandrian, to the point of utmost fluency.
I want to learn Cantonese and Hokkien.
I don't want to be bound by any culture or place.
I want to be able to communicate and blend.
I want to be sensitive .
 
I want power.
 
Working, I've learnt that:
  • Speaking fluent English isn't necessarily an advantage. Only if it's the main medium of communication.
  • That arrogance is sometimes used as a personal tool. To make oneself feel more superior then what he really perceives himself to be. I don't think it is fair to condemn a person for his pride, especially if he has no reason to be. He just might need it to survive.
  • Each person is as valuable and despensible. No one deserves more respect then another.
  • That respect ought to be given in terms of the value of the individual. And if you really look hard we're all worth the same. Tea-lady or boss, I don't think it's moral to differentiate.
  • Really, maybe if people were treated as adults and individuals, coupled with genuine love and respect, we might just achieve a lot more then red-tape paternalism.
  • It's important to distinguish between the worth of the individual and the worth of his work and what you're dealing with.

Hell, I could never be a lawyer.  Could I?

No comments: