Thursday, April 21, 2005

What if it all means something?

"Dear Hannah

I am touched by your love for others, even willing to sacrifice your crowning glory. I will pass my donation to your parents.

I deeply appreciate what you are doing as my younger sister is a cancer patient. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in June 2001, underwent six months of chemotherapy treatment and was in remission for a year. Then in early 2003, the cancer spread to her lungs and she went undergo chemo again. She was monitored for a year and early this year underwent chemo again as the tumours had grown. For the last two chemos, she was bald as the chemo caused hair loss but thank GOD for this round, the LORD preserved her hair. It was a very traumatic experience and one of her friend (also a cancer patient) gave her a wig. So thank you for donating your beautiful hair to make a wig for the cancer patients. It means a lot to them.

Looking forward to seeing you. GOD bless and use you for HIS glory."


It must have really hurt to write this, and I am blessed. I am still trying to remember that everything happens for a reason. And that I don't necessarily have to be agreeable toward every moment or season in my life. Pain is very crucial in life, deprivation is too.

You give and take away.

I understand that I will get there.
I'm only just starting to see how far away I am.

No comments: