Monday, May 09, 2005

I'm back from manitoba.
I fell in love.

I learned how to skateboard on tuesday, and by thursday, I was attempting the halfpipe.
"You've got more balls then a lot of guys I know"
~ Brennan (Awesome man-mountain that taught me to skate).

Shared my life with Konrad, with whom I skated with and had a pudding eating competition.
Drooled over Aaron's film software, and watched him snort jello up his nose.
Giggled with Rebecca, a lot.
Discovered that I had more relationships then i realised.

Then Jesus came walking by. Be stopped by where I was seated and said: Drop your nets and fallow me.

So I did.

Antwhere, anytime, anyplace, anyone.... any price. Here's my life. Send me.
I think this is the begining of a new era, one where I am dead to myself and live solely for the person of christ.

On the way home, I sat next to 22-year-old Rob, whom I fell in love with too. He's a homeless man who sells dope for a living, steals boats to pretend that he's a pirate, dreams of climbing mount everest, has 666 tattooed on his right arm and a cobra on the other. He spoke of peace and freedom, that which he searches for, the samuri swords he's wielded, the bullet his friend took for him and compared the prison conditions in B.C. and Ontario. I told him about Jesus, prayed that he would find his lost luggage and meditated on his presence. At Golden, the Navigators gave him a care-package. Considering he was lost, without his luggage, in the mountains, with no one to call, with no money to live on. He didn't seem to mind much, he's a tough Guy. But well, I hope to run into him when i get back in july. I will prowl downtown vancouver, looking for the familar lip-ring.

Over the course of this year, I became an adult.

No comments: